Last Updated: 8/15/2012
Information Collection and Use
When you register with the Site or you wish to use the Services available through the Site, it is necessary for us to collect certain personally-identifiable information from you:
- Information Requests. When you request information about Services, we collect and store the information provided about you in order to address your questions, and for enhancement of Services.
- User Information. When you use our Services, we are provided basic information about you (including your first and last name, email address, IP address, and company you work for) in order to register as an authorized user of the Service.
- Tracking Use of the Service. We may monitor and track your use of the Service, including lesson completion status and interaction results.
- Evaluation and Feedback. We may from time to time, including upon completion of a lesson, request you to evaluate our Services. The completion of this evaluation is at your discretion.
Information Use and Disclosure
- No Selling of Your Personally Identifiable Information. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to a third party, nor will we provide it to a third party for such third party’s marketing purposes unless we have your written consent.
- Communications. We will store your contact information in connection with your use of the Services and will share it with our Service Providers who need it to provide the Services. We may send emails and other communications to you relating to your account and use of the Service, including lesson release, lesson status and response to support requests.
- Feedback. If you choose to complete our surveys or otherwise provide your feedback to Security Mentor, your evaluation will be shared with relevant members of our team, and with our Service Provider(s) who process statistical information, but not with any other third party. If you provide us with your own comments about our Services, we may use your comments in our marketing and promotional materials and/or on the Site but we will not attribute your comments to you unless you give us express permission to do so.
- Others. We will comply with subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes for any of the information about you in our possession, and we may use such information to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims. We reserve the right to disclose information about you, including data on which Services you have used or which Site pages you have visited, to third parties if we feel it is necessary to protect our systems, Site, Services, business, users or others.
Cookies and Log Files
We use and store cookies to maintain your session when you use the Service.
In addition, as is true of most websites, Security Mentor and/or its Service Providers gather and store certain information about your use of the Site and/or Services, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP) information, referring/exit pages, operating system information, date/time stamps, and clickstream data. We and our Service Providers use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Site and Services, to track users’ movements around the Site and Services, and to gather demographic information about our user base in aggregate. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Links to Other Sites
The security of your personal information is important to us. Security Mentor follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we cannot, therefore, guarantee the absolute security of anything transmitted via the Internet, Security Mentor does use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information. Note that emails sent to or from the Service are unencrypted and can potentially be read by others. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you are always welcome to contact us.
Consent to Transfer and Processing
Personal information collected through the Site and/or its Services may be stored and processed in the United States or in any other country in which Security Mentor or its Service Providers (or its or their affiliates or providers) maintain facilities. By using the Site and/or its Services, you consent to any such transfer and processing of information outside of your country.
If you are under the age of 13, please do not use or access the Site or Services in any way. We will not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will promptly delete such information from our databases.
Changes to This Policy
Updating Your Information; Questions